Saturday 21 January 2012

A disrupted day

Oh dear, it seems some gremlins ate Saturday!
So I shall retell the day before it vanishes from my mind!
Good: delicious roast gammon supper cooked to perfection by my lovely WeekendWolf.
Bad: all the noisy, panicky, stressful aspects of having our showerroom floor replaced. For most of the morning, I was convinced part of the ceiling would collapse onto the tinycub, and we did have 2 leaks through. Let's say, my Chicken Licken type of anxiety was not helped.
Notable: my various anxiety issues often prevent me from functioning as a normal mum; I rarely take more than one child anywhere on my own, and I don't even do that often, preferring to have the support of another adult most of the time. Luckily there are a few adults in our pack and there is usually someone to give me that support.  I fully accept this is probably not the best way to improve, but I do my best when I can. However,  yesterday I chose to take all 3 on a wander up to the library on my own, which involved elements that usually freak me out, yet I came back safely, baby cub asleep, bigger cubs happy, and all intact. It won't sound like much to most, but it was an expedition to me!

2 comments: